Wednesday, May 9, 2007

From Tuesday, November 07, 2006:

So, I just knit scarves for years- convinced that anything beyond that was too hard ( I am a whiny bitch, yo).


I even made a hat without a pattern- just decreasing as I went along and putting it on my head to fit...


But I finally sat down and read the goddamn instructions to a pattern- and it's easy. All these years... So I knit a hat. But I didn't like that hat (it was bulky & I wanted it thinner), so I changed the pattern all by my lonesome and came up with this:

Patons Classic Wool Merino (Medium):
Bright RedStitch n' Bitch Pattern (altered)

And then I was like, goddamn, I can do anything!.. So I made these, my first socks, first set of two things, and first cables:

Patons Classic Wool Merino (Medium):
Bright RedOne Skein Pattern

And then I made this:

Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande: Black 500
Hello Yarn.com Pattern


Now I'm making a scarf for Chris with a DNA cable pattern (that's really challenging) & fingerless gloves, both using charted patterns... I haven't done that before & was also convinced it was too hard, but it turns out, not so much... I'll post pics when I'm done.

Comments:

just beth.
That is AWESOME!! I need to start knitting again. I have some really good "alternative" books if you are looking for patterns =)
Posted by just beth. on Wednesday, November 08, 2006 at 5:17 PM

#4 Prostitute in ALL of Kazatstan™
Gosh dang you have a knitting talent! Im jealous I cant even make any cool things except finger paints! hehe
Posted by #4 Prostitute in ALL of Kazatstan™ on Tuesday, February 06, 2007 at 10:23 PM

No comments: