Thursday, July 26, 2007

Fresh off the needles.

I've been on the lookout for pieces to knit that would fit if (when!) I get to my goal weight (20 lbs. down, 40 more to go...). So I thought most shrugs would be good for that, since they don't cross the boob-age. I've already posted one recently, and here's a couple more:

Ok, this one was a bit of a pain... It's the Viennese Shrug from Interweave. First I started knitting it without checking for errors (and without swatching, so I have no one to blame but myself), but it turned out that instead of the worsted weight the pattern called for, it actually used sport weight. I got this far before realizing the mistake:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So, I started over and got through... It was the most intricate pattern I've finished yet, but a lot of fun. And worth it, I think...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
The pattern was from Interweave Knits (Summer 2005) and
the yarn was Knit Pick's Telemark in Tidepool Heather.

Next is the Retro Redux Shrug from Lace Style:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketPhoto Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
It's knit in Knit Picks Andean Silk (55% Super Fine Alpaca,
23% Silk, 22% Merino Wool ) in Cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so amazing woman! You look fantastic and I think that the newest designs are BEAUTIFUL! I'm sad about Fabcon (I'd have been there, but alas, it's a long plane ride). Thinking of you dearie :)