Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cuckoo! Cuckoo!

I asked Kathryn & Doug to keep an eye out for me on their frequent antique outings for a cuckoo clock, but I didn't have high hopes- they're so expensive on the 'bay!
But! Look!

Big Cuckoo
A VERY reasonably priced german cuckoo clock! It's so beautiful, people. It works, supposedly, but I don't know how to string the chains through the bottom correctly (I have the pinecone weights, too)... Does anyone know how to do it?
-
So, I had to have one for the dollhouse, too, of course:
Tiny Cuckoo
More dollhouse pics tomorrow...

3 comments:

Ali said...

Wow... My parents had this exact clock... talk about a blast from my childhood...

Ali said...

Wow... My parents had this exact clock... talk about a blast from my childhood...

JimboStLawrence said...

Hi,
I just collected my fathers cuckoo clock down from the loft that he brought back from Germany back in the 60's. It's been mothballed since he died and we moved out of the house back in 1980! It's 99% the same as the top picture at the top of this page - the brown clock with the wooden bird on the front of the top of the roof. I got mine to work again - amazing huh? German technology!!! If you like, and if you still need to know how to thread it up, I'll take some pictures of the inside at the back and email them to you to show how the chains are threaded. Let me know.
Best regards, Jimbo