I got tagged and posted these on the facebook, but I thought I'd go ahead & put 'em up here, since I don't know y'all there!
Rules: Once you've been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it's because I want to know more about you
1. I have a sleeping disorder called hypersomnia… it’s like narcolepsy but not as bad. I don’t nod off in the middle of conversations, but I have to be really careful driving if I’m tired.
2. I collect things. Almost anything I decide I like, I collect. Yarn, skulls, jadeite, sweaters, rocks with holes, rocks without holes, dolls, fox-related objects, magazine clippings, pyrex, etc.
3. I am a super nerd. No, even nerdier than you think…I used to go to Ren Faire (No, I did not speak with the accent. I did, however, dress up.) and, as a child, I made several scale models of Star Trek vessels.
4. I didn’t want kids until I was with Chris.
5. I forgot how to ride a bike. They say it’s impossible, but I proved them all wrong. I had an accident, didn’t ride for a couple years, and when I got back on a bike (even though I fully expected to just go), it was like I’d never been on one in my life.
6. I’ve only been drunk once, and it was when I was 30 years old. See, I have a ridiculously high tolerance for alcohol, so I really have to be trying to get drunk… but it’s not worth it. I don’t get silly or fun, just sick. And I’m not keen on the taste. I only like drinks if they taste like candy.
7. Speaking of, I haven’t thrown up in about ten years. I get really nauseated, but no throwing up. I don’t think it’s psychological… I’m not scared of it…
8. I’ve only touched snow once. I’ve seen it out a window a couple times.
9. If I could live anywhere, it would be the UK or Ireland. With my own petting zoo.
10. I wish I could be vegetarian, but I will literally dream about meat if I haven’t had it in awhile.
11. I’m addicted to food. I can’t go a day without it. No, but seriously. And it’s the only addiction you can’t avoid, right? Like, you wouldn’t say to a heroin addict, hey, just have a little bit of the smack… just keep it under control, right? Oooo… I’m hungry.
12. I’m also addicted to TV. Even if I’m not watching it, it has to be on the whole time I’m home. Chris & I made an agreement so he doesn’t kill me, though- I only have it on when he’s home with his OK. It really is an addiction, but I have no interest in stopping. I watch some terrible shows, though. Judge Judy comes to mind.
13. I love music, but I’m not musical. I can’t play an instrument, sing, keep a beat, or dance. I can’t whistle, either, but that’s not because it’s musical, just in addition to.
14. I hate the word “artist”. It makes me cringe. I’d rather say I paint pictures. That sounds douche-y, too, now that I write it. Damn it.
15. I’m not sure I’m an artist (uuuuugh) anyway. I’d rather knit than paint, which is pretty much an indicator, right?
16. If something is miniature, I will probably love it. Furniture, animals, dessert, you get the idea.
17. I have a deep water phobia, but I would like to live at the Monterey Bay Aquarium.
18. I’m also afraid of the dark. I’m oddly superstiticious for a borderline atheist.
19. My wedding ring was also my great grandmother’s wedding ring. It’s an alexandrite. Chris went and got it from my grandmother without me knowing, which may be the most romantic thing he’s ever done (you haven’t met my grandma). Heating up water on the stove last week so I could take a bath at our hot-water deficient house may be a close second.
20. I’m thankful every day. I think about how lucky I am every day, for every meal, pet, warm room, relationship, etc. I have.
21. I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up.
22. Sometimes I cry if I’m having a bad day and then someone is nice to me.
23. I am a pessimist, but in a pretty optimistic way… see, I just assume the worst will happen at all times, then when it doesn’t, it’s like Christmas!
24. You know how people like to say they’re young at heart? Well, I’m old at heart, I think. I have hobbies like knitting and sewing, collect tchotchkes, watch show like Monk, and have a penchant for dressing in a lot of cardigans and sensible shoes. Chris argues that he is much older at heart, but I think I’m pretty good competition.
25. Everything it seems I like’s a little bit stronger, a little bit thicker, a little bit sweeter, a little bit fatter, a little bit stranger, a little bit harder, a little bit harmful for me. Ok, those are song lyrics, but it pretty much sums it up.