Wednesday, May 9, 2007

From Friday, April 13, 2007 :
My first intarsia:

Lion Wool-Ease (Wool/Acrylic): Dark Rose Heather & Blush Heather
My Pattern
What I learned:
1. Fair-isle doesn't work so well with long-ish vertical strips (like in between the owls)... or maybe I just did it wrong... I haven't done fair-isle yet...
2. You can't do intarsia in the round. Damn it.
3. Owls are rad.


Cascade Pastaza (50% Llama 50% Wool): 010
Stitch n' Bitch Nation Pattern

This one was hard to part with...


Unmarked (Bulky Single Ply Wool) from Stash…
No Pattern

I really wanted to use this ge-orgeous blue bulky I had in the stash for something- I used all of the lonely little ball for this, which is currently unwearable (until next fall)...


Patons Brilliant (Acrylic/Nylon/Polyester): Beautiful Burgundy
My Pattern
Tasha wouldn't let me take a picture with her face. These were pretty hard to part with too... They look better on Tasha than me, though.
My hands are stubby.


Di.vé Teseo (Wool/Microfiber): 25563
My Pattern
I made this for myself, but it looked way better on Erin... hopefully she'll wear it.


Unmarked (Sport Weight Single Ply Wool) from Stash…
No Pattern
For my Weight-Watchers calculator. I'm a nerd.


Unmarked (Aran Wool) from Stash…
Berroco Pattern
I love this pattern... It was my first Norah Gaughan pattern (Knitting Nature)- her patterns are unusual and addictive. Plus I got to use the yarn I picked up in Ireland- I'm pretty sure I bought it in or near Dingle, at a little shop full of local handspun glory. Glee.

Comments:


Love the blog title! Your work, as always, is super spiffy!
Posted by Jenn on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 9:42 AM

yeah, i'm still digging the owl hat. good choice to use contrasting colors ;)
Posted by copper fox on Thursday, April 12, 2007 at 3:57 PM

No comments: